Perpetual Lovely is on facebook!

Perpetual Lovely is on facebook! Check out www.facebook.com/PerpetualLovely

Saturday, April 28, 2012

"What Eva!"

It's been a long week.

Matt has been in Costa Rica since last Saturday. I did not plan on missing him this much!  Apparently in my emotional, pregnant state, I not only want my husband around, I really need him around. It makes me shutter to think what our military wives go through. My best friend Nicole's husband has recently been deployed and will be gone for 7 months. 7 months and I'm fretting over 7 days right now! Now that's a perspective.

Matt will be returning home tomorrow night. I hadn't realized how much I would miss the routine of our everyday life.  I've had my brother and sister staying with me multiple times this week. My mom stayed with me last Sunday night. I stayed with Anna Thursday night (which was a lot of fun!). I find myself ready to have some simple nights alone with my husband; sitting together, eating together, watching the news in bed together. Just being together. I really love that guy.

Matt catching a wave in Costa Rica

My Ridiculously-Photogenic-Husband
My appointment went really well on Monday! I can now say I have just about two pounds of baby in me! Baby A, Alex-although Alex could become Baby B if they switch places-, weighed 15 ounces, while Mason weighed 14 ounces. Dr. Wilder says they are growing beautifully and at a really great pace. Check out some awesome photos of their faces!

First Column: Baby A, Second Column: Baby B
I uploaded Matt two videos from my appointment onto YouTube. I was in a bit of a hurry to have it be available for him and so they are not edited at all. Some of it is kind of funny, for example in the first video, my mom kind of blinds me with the flash from the camera. A lot of time is spent on measurements. They are still really awesome though...I just love getting to see them!




My fatigue has come back with full force. Days seem longer and nights seem shorter. My heartburn comes and goes lately, no matter what foods I try to avoid. The sciatic nerve pains in my lower back have been especially brutal this week. All and all however, I believe I have still had it pretty easy, and I feel fortunate for that.  I start yoga on Monday next week and will be going three times a week. Hopefully this will ease some of my struggles. It should be fun!

People say the strangest things to me. Actually, pretty inappropriate things regarding my pregnancy and the twins. Here are just a few that I heard this week:


~while in a prenatal massage after telling how Baby B moves often~
"At least you know which one the evil one is. There's always an evil twin."
~Seriously?!?!~

~while checking out at Motherhood~
"So do you know what you're having?"
(very disappointed face after I tell her two boys)
"Oh, really? Not one boy and one girl?"
~Why do some people assume that having two boys is a disappointment-in front of my face? Yes, having one boy and one girl would have been fun, but definitely not a disappointment! These baby boys are both wanted and we are so blessed to be having them.~

~after going over a contract in my office with customers~
"Twins?! Omg! We have friends who have twin girls and we can hardly stand hanging out with them. Wow, you have your hands full. My friend called me crying when she found out she was having twins and I was like, I'm so glad it's her and not me!"
~Yes. This really happened today.~

~random lady that was shopping near me~
"Well, good luck. There's no way I could do that."
~Hmm. Well, what would you do, drop them off in a box on the street?~


One of my best traits is that I don't outwardly appear that things get to me. I smile, nod, and I'm polite. Internally, there is a Jersey girl that is begging to get out and throw a drink and yell while swaying my head and shoulders back and forth. At the least, doing what this little girl does:


Oh..watching that a few times already has me feeling better.

Here are a couple of shots I snapped with my phone today of my growing baby bump:


21 weeks


21 weeks

It feels the way it looks...huge! :)

I wish you all a wonderful weekend! ...and if you're reading this, and it's not the weekend, a wonderful week!

GTL (Just kidding, I never do laundry. ;) -Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment