Perpetual Lovely is on facebook!

Perpetual Lovely is on facebook! Check out www.facebook.com/PerpetualLovely

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baby kicks

Somebody pinch me.

(Not you Nicole, yours hurt.)

It doesn't cease to amaze me with where I am in life. I am not that far away from where I was just a few months ago; longing to know a baby was in my future.  And now I know that I have 2 on the way. Two babies.  Wow.

This week I am 15 weeks pregnant with my twin babies. They are now each the size of an avocado.


I can finally say that I felt baby movement for the first clear time on Saturday night. I wasn't even trying to either! I was laying on my side in bed, talking to Matt, when all of a sudden, there it was! It was the softest little movement, but it was there. Afterwards, I was able to focus in on what I felt and went to sleep smiling, with my hand still on my stomach.

This past weekend, we were given the opportunity to watch our nephew and niece.  Our nephew is a little over 3 1/2 years old and our niece is almost 10 months old. It was so fun-a lot of energy-but fun.  Matt really got to appreciate the, as he calls it, squishy age that our niece is. He took pride in buckling her car-seat and pushing her around in the shopping cart at Sprouts.  It was really nice.

Monday, I had a dr.'s appointment. (I promise I know how to spell d.o.c.t.o.r.-it's just so much easier to abbreviate!) The babies have moved up in my belly! Last time, he detected their heartbeats very low on my stomach, this time, they were just under my belly button! I'm really showing now-I'll have to post some new pictures soon.  The babies were moving around a lot-he had a hard time getting a consistent heartbeat because they kept turning around and were making tons of kicking noises, it was great!

We also got to schedule our big gender sonogram!!! 

The date is set for, drum roll please?......................................

March 27th!

That is exactly 1 week and 6 days away! Very exciting!! I will be a day over 17 weeks at that point-so the genders won't be a 100% sure thing, but will be somewhat promising nonetheless.  Ahh! I decided on a fun way to do the big reveal-I'll let you know when we get there.  Here is an indication of what Matt wants:




Sweet, huh? He picked this up last week and surprised me with it-I hadn't even bought anything for our babies yet! If we end up having two girls, we'll just have to throw some pink ribbons on it. It looks kinda ginormous for a newborn twin, but someday it will be worn! Matt is so cute.

This weekend, I am in  Liz's wedding-she is one of my long time best friends. Pictures will be taken and I'll be sure to share me and the babies in my beautiful champagne colored gown. (Note to self: Do not forget to pick up gown at alteration place!!)

March 27th, March 27th!, -Natalie

1 comment:

  1. MArch 27th is not that far away! So exiting to know what the babies are, but I prefer not to know it ;) Much more exiting is the movement you felt. It really is like a butterfly in your belly doesn't it? I can't stop picturing that big smile on your face :)

    ReplyDelete